Tsunami Validation Steering Meeting 12 May 2008
Present: Ole Nielsen, John Jakeman, Leharne Fountain, Jane Sexton, Richard Mleczko
Next meeting: 26 May 2008 (wiki:Meeting20080526)
Previous meeting: 28 April 2008 (wiki:Meeting20080428)
Previous action items
- Richard has created a 9s deformation file (source model of unprecedented resolution) due to restriction on nested grid algorithm.
- Ran it in parallel on cluster in two days.
- There is the potential for using this as input to ANUGA in the future.
New actions and decisions
- Richard to provide run on a URS virtual tide gauges for testing purposes running wave from boundary to beach.
- John to make tide gauge outputs from ANUGA runs for comparison. This will test boundary coupling.
- John to try ANUGA with domain.use_edge_limiter + RK2
- John plans four runs: (ANUGA-MOST with old and new bathymetry, ANUGA-URS envelope, ANU-polyline) + comparisons
- Jane & Richard to decide on tide gauge locations