Tsunami Validation Steering Meeting 10 June 2008
Present: Ole Nielsen, John Jakeman, Leharne Fountain, Jane Sexton, Richard Mleczko
Previous meeting: 26 May 2008 (wiki:Meeting20080526)
Next meeting: 23 June 2008 (wiki:Meeting20080623)
Previous action items
Validation milestone tickets
- John to make tide gauge outputs from ANUGA runs for comparison. This will test boundary coupling.
- John to try ANUGA with domain.use_edge_limiter + RK2.
- John plans four runs: (ANUGA-MOST with old and new bathymetry, ANUGA-URS envelope, ANU-polyline) + comparisons.
- Richard to provide info to John on which supplied points constitute the boundary and which are the virtual tide gauges.
- Polyline boundary condition is now implemented and tested. Next step for John to setup a simulation.
- John commits to having a first comparison between MOST-ANUGA, URS-ENVELOPE-ANUGA, URS-POLYLINE-ANUGA simulations for next meeting.
- John to send ASCII grids from MOST-ANUGA & URS-ENVELOPE-ANUGA simulation to Jane for display. Ole to show results to Edison Gica.
- We are using 2 min URS output at the moment. The option is to use 9s data.
- Richard is running URS 9s + 3s (nested) on tornado.