Tsunami Validation Steering Meeting 23 June 2008
Previous action items
- John to make tide gauge outputs from ANUGA runs for comparison. This will test boundary coupling. (done)
- John to try ANUGA with domain.use_edge_limiter + RK2. (deferred)
- John plans four runs: (ANUGA-MOST with old and new bathymetry, ANUGA-URS envelope, ANU-polyline) + comparisons. (done - comparison to old bathymetry to be done later)
- Richard to provide info to John on which supplied points constitute the boundary and which are the virtual tide gauges. (done)
- Polyline boundary condition is now implemented and tested. Next step for John to setup a simulation. (done - went well)
- John commits to having a first comparison between MOST-ANUGA, URS-ENVELOPE-ANUGA, URS-POLYLINE-ANUGA simulations for next meeting. (done)
- John to send ASCII grids from MOST-ANUGA & URS-ENVELOPE-ANUGA simulation to Jane for display. Ole to show results to Edison Gica. (done)
- We are using 2 min URS output at the moment. The option is to use 9s data.
- Richard is running URS 9s + 3s (nested) on tornado. (too computationally intensive - Richard to reduce sizes of nested grids)
New actions and decisions
- John to run test set using Multiple Sources
- All to evaluate URS-ANUGA using David B's source model (used with MOST).
- Ordering (important for FESA project. Needed early to mid July). Format: id, longitude, latitude
- Hazard map point locations to Jane (Chris)
- How to select unit sources (Jane & Ole)
- Compare to Taphao Noi gauge (not to worry abou the Mercator yacht).
- Get Satake book (collection boxing day validation papers) (Ole)