wiki:Meeting20080610)[[BR

Tsunami Validation Steering Meeting 10 June 2008

Present: Ole Nielsen, John Jakeman, Leharne Fountain, Jane Sexton, Richard Mleczko
Apologies:
Next meeting: 10 June 2008 (Tuesday) (wiki:Meeting20080610)[[BR]] Previous meeting: 12 May 2008 (wiki:Meeting20080512)
Next meeting:

Previous action items

Validation milestone tickets

  • Richard to provide run on a URS virtual tide gauges for testing purposes running wave from boundary to beach. Done.
  • John to make tide gauge outputs from ANUGA runs for comparison. This will test boundary coupling. Outstanding.
  • John to try ANUGA with domain.use_edge_limiter + RK2. Outstanding.
  • John plans four runs: (ANUGA-MOST with old and new bathymetry, ANUGA-URS envelope, ANU-polyline) + comparisons. Outstanding.
  • Jane & Richard to decide on tide gauge locations. Done

New actions and decisions

  • Richard to provide info to John on which supplied points constitute the boundary and which are the virtual tide gauges.
  • Polyline boundary condition is now implemented and tested. Next step for John to setup a simulation.
  • John commits to having a first comparison between MOST-ANUGA, URS-ENVELOPE-ANUGA, URS-POLYLINE-ANUGA simulations for next meeting.
  • John to send ASCII grids from MOST-ANUGA & URS-ENVELOPE-ANUGA simulation to Jane for display. Ole to show results to Edison Gica.
  • We are using 2 min URS output at the moment. The option is to use 9s data.
  • Richard is running URS 9s + 3s (nested) on tornado.
Last modified 4 years ago Last modified on Jun 13, 2013, 4:47:45 PM